Immigration Information SourcesEdit
- Immigration Information Center at the Ministry of Justice
- Tsukuba University page on Visas and Immigration
Various Immigration Application FormsEdit
- Application for certificate of eligibility
- Application for change of status of residence
- Application for extension of period of stay
- Application for permanent residence
- Application for re-entry permit
- Application for recognition of refugee status
- Application for refugee travel document
- Application for permission to engage in activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted
- Application for certificate of authorized employment
Local Immigration BureausEdit
- Address: Tokyo Regional Immigration Mito Branch Office No. 3, Prince Building 1st Floor, 2-9-12 Jonan, Mito-shi, Ibaraki.
- Tel. 029-300-3601
Five minutes walk from JR Mito station (South Entrance)
- Mapion Map of Jonan 2-chome (location of immigration bureau)
- Map 1 (colour) from Alien Times
- Map 2 (grey) from Alien Times
- Map 3 (grey) from Alien Times
And there are articles on the new Mito office and other immigration issues.
In general, you can find a lot of information on the AT site as much of it has been culled from past TAIRA posts.
The Hitachi office which was referred to in lots of older guides to Tsukuba has now closed, so you must go either to Mito or Tokyo as described above.
- Visa Information Page on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website
- Immigration Page on the Ministry of Justice website